Do You Belong to a Book Club?
The SaddleBrooke Libraries want to help!
The SaddleBrooke Community Libraries has compiled a list of expected book titles for the numerous community book clubs. In order to serve your reading needs as best we can, the library system requests that interested book clubs provide their upcoming reading list. We will compare your list to the collection to ensure that requested titles are not withdrawn. We will also investigate adding appropriate titles to the library’s collection.
What do you need to do?
Have the book club coordinator (just one member of each club, please) provide the expected reading list to Sharon Scanlan at the DesertView Library. It is helpful to have:
- The club’s contact information
- The month the club is going to discuss the title
- Any information you can provide about the particular book (such as publication date, fiction or non-fiction, and author).
Sharon will share this information with both cataloged libraries. You can leave your printed list at the DesertView Library, attention Sharon, or if more convenient, at the SaddleBrooke One Library, attention Cathy.
We hope that this out-reach to coordinate with the local book clubs will be an on-going project and provide an added service to the community.
Large Print Additions
All three libraries are actively enhancing their Large Print collections to include many current titles often found on the Best Seller lists. In the SaddleBrooke One Library look for the “NEW” Large Print selections at the end of the regular Large Print collection. In the DesertView Library the newest Large Print books are located at the beginning of the shelving for the New collection. New Large Print selections circulate for 14 days.
Books for Sale
Both the DesertView and SaddleBrooke One Libraries have books for sale each day during library hours. New titles are added almost daily, and the prices range from 50 cents to $5. Proceeds go to purchasing new books.
If you are interested in volunteering at one of the three SaddleBrooke Community Libraries please stop by DesertView or SaddleBrooke One Library and leave your name and number so the appropriate person can get back to you. Volunteers typically work a 3 ½ hour shift each week, year round. The available positions include:
- The front desk volunteer, checking books in and out, and shelving. Need to be comfortable with using the computer.
- Shelving books
- Book processing, putting audios in covers, entering data into the computer system, making labels for books, etc.
- Monitoring the Cholla Library at MountainView by shelving books that have been returned in the book drop, processing magazines for the shelf, and general clean up.
- Sorting and pricing donated materials
For more information contact one of the Library Managers.
Pinal County Library: http://pinalcountyaz.gov/Departments/Library/Pages/default.aspx
Pima County Library: http://www.library.pima.gov/
Los Angeles Public Library: http://www.lapl.org/
Library of Congress Catalog: http://catalog.loc.gov/
SaddleBrooke HOA1: www.saddlebrooke.org
SaddleBrooke HOA2: www.sbhoa2.org