How to Use the Library
- New to SaddleBrooke? You will need to register at the DesertView or SaddleBrooke Libraries in order to use our libraries. When you are registered all you will be asked for is your phone number to check out library materials.
- Renew your books by phone or in person, or on the website as long as there is no one waiting on the reserve list for your book.
- Place your name on a waiting list for items that are checked out and not available. This can be done in person at either the DesertView or SaddleBrooke Library, or on the Library Catalog Website: http://webopac.infovisionsoftware.com/saddlebrooke/ You will be notified by phone or e-mail when the item is available for you to pick it up.
DesertView and SaddleBrooke Libraries: Loan Periods and Fines
- New Fiction titles are checked out for 7, 14, or 28 days depending upon length and incur a .25 fine per day after the due date
- New Non-fiction books at both the SaddleBrooke and DesertView Libraries are checked out for 28 days and incur a .25 fine per day after the due date
- Videos (DesertView only) are checked out for 7 days and incur a .25 fine per day after the due date
- Consumer Reports magazine (DesertView only)
- Hardback Fiction and Non-Fiction regular collection
- Southwest Books (DesertView only)
- Classics (DesertView only)
- Large Print Books
- Audio Books
- Pulitzer Prize (SaddleBrooke only)
- Local Authors (SaddleBrooke only)
Paperback books are not cataloged and may be borrowed without checking them out, but please return them within a reasonable amount of time.
There is a fee based upon replacement cost for lost or severely damaged library materials if they are:
- 7-Day Books or Audios
- Southwest Collection Books
- Current materials published in the last 2 years
Lost or damaged materials may also be replaced at your own expense. For all other library materials we request a $5 donation toward purchase of new materials.
Recommend a Purchase For Our Libraries
Guidelines to follow are:
- Should be published with the last 2 years
- The book should be current and of enduring interest to a large number of patrons
- All book recommendations are subject to the approval of the library management